Tournament FAQs

Below are answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). This list will change over time.


Q: Do I need to supply a Birth Certificate, even if this player was in the tournament last year?


A:No, Any player that played tournament last year and has thier age already verified.


Q: What are the residency requirments?


A:  A school issued report card or performance record will no longer be accepted to establish school attendance for the 2022 season. You can use one of the following:

  1. The School Enrolment form (
  2. The official/certified school enrollment record dated prior to October 1, 2022.


Also, residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1, 2021 (previous year) and February 1, 2022 (current year), from one or more documents from EACH of the three Groups outlined below:


Group I


1. Driver’s License (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address)  2. School records (home address of player’s parents or guardians)  3. Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)  4. Employment records  5. Insurance documents (with residence address)


Group II


1. Welfare/child care records

2. Federal records (i.e., Federal Tax, Social Security, etc.)  3. State records  4. Local (municipal) records  5. Support payment records  6. Homeowner or tenant records  7. Military records


Group III


1. Voter’s Registration

2. Utility bills (i.e., - gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)  3. Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)  4. Medical records  5. Internet, cable, or satellite television records


NOTE: Example – Three documents from the same Group (utility bill, cable bill, and bank statement) constitute only ONE document. 


Be aware that players who established “residence” or “school attendance” for regular season and/or tournament eligibility prior to the 2022 season by using the Tournament Player Verification form, and who can produce the form with proper proofs and signatures from the first year that the Tournament Player Verification form was used for that player, will be grandfathered and will NOT need to complete a new Tournament Player Verification Form. If a player has moved or changed schools, they will need to do a new verification form.


Q: Can a league have less than 12 players on a team?


A: Yes, with the District Administrators approval. The DA will not automatically grant this request. Little League wants as many players participating in the Tournament as possible.


Q: Can 15 year olds play on the Juniors Baseball All-Star team?


A: Even though 15 year olds may be eligible to play on the regular season Juniors Basbeall team, with DA approval, they are not permitted to play on the Juniors Baseball All-Star team.


Q: How do I file a protest?


A: In order to file a protest you will need to follow the procedure outlined by Littel League:


Contact the following people in the order listed. If they are not available contact next person on list.


  1. Contact the DA first, Joe McAuliffe, 860-559-4773
  2. Contact UIC Steve Repetto, 860-841-9671
  3. Contact the Eastern Region,


This is a helpfull video explaing how to file a protest.


Print | Sitemap
CT Little League District 8 2015