1) All rules and regulations of Little League Baseball Inc., as put forth in the Official 2020 Regulations and Playing Rules and the 2020 Tournament Rules and Guidelines section of the manual, will apply during tournament play. No local rules or agreements are acceptable. All Managers, Coaches, Umpires and Tournament Directors should read and understand the rules. If you have questions contact one of the District Staff for guidance
2) Game Times: 8/9/10s, 9/10/11s, & 10/11/12's - Weekday Games shall start at 5:30 PM. Weekend Games shall start at 4:00 PM. Other starting game times may be arranged with approval of both of the leagues, the umpires and the District. If lights are available at the host facility and both of the leagues, the umpires and the District are in agreement the game may be scheduled for a 7:00 or 7:30 PM
JLBB, SLBB, JLSB & SLSB - Weekday games shall start at 5:30 PM. Weekend games shall start at 4:00 PM. Other starting times may be arranged with approval from both of the leagues, the umpires and the District. If lights are available at the host facility and both of the leagues, umpires and District are in agreement, games may be scheduled for 7:00 or 7:30 PM starts.
3) In the event of rain or unsatisfactory playing conditions, the host league shall notify the traveling team and the umpire consultant as soon as possible or two hours prior to the game. Umpire consultant(s) must be notified so that umpire crews if any were assigned may be rescheduled.
4) Practice Times: 9&10s, 11s, LLBB & LLSB - The traveling team shall have the use of the field from 4:50 to 5:10 PM. The host team must finish its practice prior to 4:50 PM. Notify the traveling team in advance if there is an auxiliary field available for additional practice.
JLBB, SLBB, JLSB & SLSB - The traveling team shall have use of the field from 4:50 to 5:20 PM. The host team must finish its practice prior to 4:50 PM. Notify the traveling team in advance if there is an auxiliary field available for additional practice.
*** ALL *** The Tournament Director may adjust the amount of practice time. If a team is a few minutes late they should be given time to practice. These times are based on the normal start times of games. If the game times are changed the practice times should be adjusted accordingly.
5) At all games where the District Administrator or Assistant District Administrator is unable to attend, the host league president or his assigned alternate shall act as Tournament Director. If there are multiple games in your league a Site Director should be named for each field. These people must be familiar with the tournament rules.
6) A flip of the coin shall establish the Home/Visiting team. The coin toss should be done as soon as the traveling team arrives. The traveling team will call the flip and the winner of the flip will have the choice of being the Home team or the Visitor. The other team will choose the dugout.
7) Game Balls
Baseball: Each team shall provide four (4) new, Little League approved, balls for each game. These should be Rawlings LLB balls or an equivalent. They should be marked as RS-T. This is the indication of as Regular Season – Tournament rated ball. Any balls needed in excess of this amount are to be provided by the host team. The teams shall divide any unused balls.
Softball: Each team shall provide three (3) new, Little League approved, balls for each game. Any balls needed in excess of this amount are to be provided by the host team. The yellow raised seam fast pitch ball will be used at the state tournament and above. Leagues should use those for the district tournament. The teams shall divide any unused balls. 9&10s use the 11 inch softball. 10&11s, Little League, Junior League, Senior League and Big league softball use the 12 inch softball
The host team furnishes all necessary balls after the 8 baseballs or 6 softballs run out. If the traveling team doesn’t bring balls, the host league will provide all of the necessary balls and the traveling team will reimburse the host league.
8) The host League shall consider the need to provide police and medical assistance. There should be a phone readily available to call for such if needed.
9) The host league shall provide food and drink for teams, players, managers and coaches, and the umpires following the game. Profit from the concession stands stay with the host league.
10) The local tournament director is responsible for conducting a collection following the third inning of each game. This money is to be handled as follows: As of 2001 the district presidents have determined that the host league, to help defray the costs of feeding all participants, shall retain the hat pass donation.
Please refer to the District 8 Tournament Umpire Procedure
12) Players must be in full uniform. Managers, coaches, and game officials should be dressed appropriately. Managers and coaches may wear shorts as long as they are a Coach's or Bermuda style short. They may not be jogging shorts, short shorts, spandex shorts, cut off sweat pants, cutoff jeans or cut off slacks. Shirts may not bear advertisement for cigarettes, beer or other alcoholic beverages. Polo or golf style shirts are acceptable. Umpires may not wear shorts. Umpires should wear the proper attire for a Little League Umpire.
13) Managers, coaches or players who are ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate/ play in their teams next scheduled tournament game. They are also not allowed to attend. This rule does not override a leagues right to impose a harsher penalty.
14) Winners shall report results of the games to the D8 Admin and Journal Inquirer as soon as possible after the game before 10:30. Be prepared to provide the following items:
1) Line score by inning
2) The batteries - pitcher(s) and catcher(s)
3) Highlights of the game. You must have first and last names of the players from both teams. Get the correct spelling.
4) D8 Admin email is McAuliffeJ@CT.edu
5) The Journal Inquirer sports line is: 646-0500 /The Journal Inquirer fax line is: 646-9867. The Journal Inquirer can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Email results to: email@example.com Teams should also notify any local papers with the same information.
15) Mandatory Play. This is covered in the Little League Rule Books. Please read the rule book and if there are any questions call me. Mandatory play is covered on page T-16 of the rule book.
16) Winners must report results of the games to the district. We will direct teams to their next opponent.
Email Joe McAuliffe (McAuliffeJ@CT.edu), cell 860-559-4773
All Little League teams call or email Steve Repetto so he may assign needed umpires. 860-872-6892 (H) firstname.lastname@example.org
17) The Host League for each game should have an announcer, scorekeeper and for baseball a Pitch Count keeper.
18) The scorekeepers must keep accurate records of innings played and the scores. This information must be reported to the District Administrator.